All GP practices are contracted to provide "essential services", that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following "additional services":
- Child health surveillance.
- Contraceptive services.
- Maternity services in the antenatal and postnatal period provided by midwives from NHS Tayside.
- Routine immunisation of children under 5 provided by NHS Tayside.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please see travel information link on the right hand panel of this screen.
- Cervical smears for women aged between 20 and 60 years.
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions.
We also hold contracts with Tayside NHS Board to provide the following "enhanced services".
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease. Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes.
- Regular monitoring of patients on a range of drugs for a variety of conditions.
Patients who meet the relevant criteria can self refer to Podiatry and Physiotherapy . For Podiatry please print the attached form and forward to the department. For self referal to Physiotherapy please telephone 0800 917 9390. Podiatry Referral Form Physiotherapy Information Leaflet