· A service that allows people travelling abroad to access their record of vaccination status themselves has launched.
· A vaccination status letter can be downloaded from the NHS Inform patient portal or - for those not online - requested in the post via a Freephone Covid Status Helpline.
· Only those planning to travel to a country or territory where a record of vaccination status is needed as an entry requirement should download the record or request it.
· While there are no countries currently requiring vaccination status to travel, international travel restrictions can change quickly requiring such measures to be in place.
· The measures are intended to ease the burden on the NHS by removing the need for people to ask their GP for a status record.
· As Scotland’s vaccination programme progresses, vaccination status will be replaced by digital Covid Status Certificates, which will include vaccination and testing data to be used for outbound international travel.
· People will be able access their Covid-19 Vaccine Status online, by logging on to www.nhsinform.scot/covid19status.
· People who have lost or forgotten their username or password will be able to create new ones by selecting 'forgot username' or 'forgot password' options. A Freephone Covid Status Helpline will allow people to get the record posted to them.
· It can be contacted on 0808 196 8565.
For patients who were vaccinated at their GP practices, click Recover user name
· The Scottish Government continues to urge a highly cautious approach to international travel, given the risk of new variants. The four UK Chief Medical Officers have said that green-list status should be the exception, rather than the rule, with countries added to the list only where there are very good reasons for doing so.
If you are intending to travel abroad you should:
· check the entry requirements for your destination country on the UK foreign travel advice pages
· get up-to-date information from the website of your destination country
· check the re-entry requirements for your return to Scotland
· only request a vaccination record if it is absolutely required and you are due to travel in the next 21 days
Those aged 18 to 29 (as of 17 May 2021) are currently being invited to register for their coronavirus vaccine.